2013年3月22日星期五

MP 4



The project is inspired from the road that I go across to school every day. The road seems quite normal but for me it has a lot of meaning. The road is just in front of my room so I can see and hear many when I open my window or on the way to prepare going school. There are different types of cars passing by which make the horn different. People go and cross with their earphones on, or talk to each other, or just read books. Bicycles also make the sounds on the road interesting, as the sound of wheel dragging. This is why I choose this road, West Lane Ave. with many personal feelings on it.

For major part of my project, I recorded the sounds that cars pass by when the traffic lights are green. This sound of cars is the signal of the road, which makes me recognize that I need to be careful to watch out cars coming and going every day. Also, there is fire alarm in my project. This really happens a lot. When I hear it, I like to imagine how the fireman to save somebody’s life again, who make me gratified. At the beginning of the project, I caught the sound by the sidewalk, which is the count down to remind people that they need to walk quickly. All of these combinations of sounds make the unique road I recorded. 

没有评论:

发表评论